Ethical Trading Policy Statement
Welby Healthcare Limited recognises that our commercial activities have the potential to impact on our customers, suppliers and the local and global community.
As a socially responsible small business Welby Healthcare Limited always acts in an ethical manner above and beyond basic legal requirements and is committed to implementing the principles of the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code.
The company has initiated a Code of Practice which recognises our responsibilities and applies to:
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by Welby Healthcare Limited are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.
- Staff directly employed by Welby Healthcare Limited on temporary or permanent contracts.
- Staff employed or provided by contractors or employment agencies to work on Welby Healthcare Limited premises or to undertake work for or on behalf of Welby Healthcare Limited.
Employment Is Freely Chosen.
- No forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used.
- Employees are not required to lodge deposits or identity papers with us.
- Staff are free to leave Welby Healthcare Limited after reasonable notice.
Working Conditions Are Safe and Hygienic
- Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work by minimizing, so far as is reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment.
- Staff receives health & safety information.
- Staff has access to toilet facilities and drinking water.
- Welby Healthcare Limited has a published Health & Safety Policy.
Child Labour Shall Not Be Used
- There shall be no recruitment of child labour.
- Children or persons under 16 are not employed at any time, day or night.
- Young persons under 18 shall not be employed at night or in hazardous conditions.
Living Wages Are Paid
- Staff pay rates are equal to or above the national legal minimum standards.
- Staff are given information about their employment conditions in respect to wages
- No deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure, and pay slips detailing lawful deductions are provided for each pay period.
- Staff are given clearly understandable written terms and conditions of employment that details the employment relationship and the respective obligations of the employee and employer.
Working Hours Are Not Excessive
- Staff are not forced to work in excess of 48 hours per week, a voluntary opt out agreement is available for those wishing to work in excess of 48 hours per week.
No Discrimination Is Practised
- There is no discrimination in pay, hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, and termination of employment or retirement on the grounds of race, nationality, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Opportunities for personal and career development are equally available to all employees.
No Harsh Or Inhumane Treatment Is Allowed
- Physical, verbal and sexual threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation is expressly prohibited and grounds for summary dismissal, if proved.
On behalf of Welby Healthcare Limited
Anne Welby - Founder & Managing Director
Welby Healthcare Limited